Terms and Conditions
Even though we’re a fun bunch, we still have a few rules. These terms govern your use of the website. Access to the services, content and downloads available on the HiFi Corp website may be classified as “electronic transactions” as defined in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, Act No. 25 of 2002(ECT Act).
- The HiFi Corp website is provided as a convenience to you and our customers for informational purposes only. In order to use the HiFi Corp website for services including but not limited to on-line shopping, browsing, product information, store locations, subscribing as a user, viewing and managing your account and orders, etc. you may be required to provide your personal information.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the documents and/or other materials contained on this website from time to time without notice. This right also applies to these terms and conditions. HiFi Corp will post the revised terms on the website. You may use the HiFi Corp website for your own personal non-commercial use and not for republication, distribution, sale or other use.
- The Terms constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. If any term is void, unenforceable, or illegal, the term will be severed and the remainder of the terms will be effective.
- Unless otherwise specified, the goods and services offered on this site are intended for citizens of the Republic of South African only. The terms will be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. By you ticking the “I confirm I have read and understand the Terms & Conditions applied to the use of this website” box forms a legally binding agreement between you and HiFi Corp.
- “we” or “us” or “HiFi Corp” means HiFi Corp whichever one applies.
- “website” means www.hificorp.co.za.
- "HiFi Corp website” means www.hificorp.co.za.
- “you” or “user” means any person who visits, accesses or uses the website.
Registration and use of the Website
- As a user, HiFi Corp grants you a limited, non-transferable revocable license to access and use the website subject to the terms and conditions. Your license does not extend to the website’s source code or to the source code of any software or computer program that forms part of the website. You may only use the website for personal use, limited to viewing the website, providing information to the website, downloading product information for your personal review from the website or purchasing goods or services from the website. You may only use the website if in terms of South African law you have the legal capacity to enter into an agreement. You may only link to the website by linking to the home page of the website.
- You, the customer, hereby agree and acknowledge that:
- You will at all times comply with the requirements of the Law(s); including the National Credit Act of 2005 and the Consumer Protection Act and/or any other applicable legislation (to the extent that it is relevant to the customer for the receiving, compiling and reporting of information. Without limiting the generality of thea foregoing, the Customer specifically acknowledges and agrees that, when reporting Personal and other information to HiFi Corp;
- Such information will include all mandatory data;
- It will have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information being submitted is accurate, up-to-date, relevant, complete and valid when submitting such information;
- You are entitled to submit the information to HiFi Corp, for the purpose of HiFi Corp making such information available to its associated partners, for the purpose of rendering the services offered, and that such information is not subject to a duty of confidentiality between HiFi Corp and the customer.
- As a Visitor or User, you agree that we may electronically accumulate, keep and use the following of your information:
- Additional information you may provide on a voluntarily, such as demographic information or data related to your favorite social networking site (e.g. the site name, address and description(s)), or information relating to your participation in HiFi Corp competitions, promotions, studies, reviews and surveys, as well as additional services. (“Optional Details”).
- Details submitted, when registering or transacting, for the purpose of using the services on the HiFi Corp website. Optional Details may be submitted by you to us if you decide to upload or download certain content (or products) from the Website/Platform, enter competitions, partake in promotions, respond to reviews/surveys, subscribe to or register for specific additional services; or else use any of the optional features and functionality of the Website/Platform.
- When you access the Website/Platform or open one of our HTML emails, certain Usage Details may be automatically collected and recorded by us from your system by using different types of tracking technology.
- Our Website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner); can act as a web beacon. Web beacons are typically; 1by1 pixel files, (very small unnoticeable files), but their presence can usually be seen within a browser by clicking on “View” and then on “Source.” We may also insert web beacons in HTML-formatted newsletters, which we send to “opt-in” subscribers in order to count how many newsletters have been read. HiFi Corp web beacons do not gather, monitor or share any personally identifiable information about our Customers. They are just the technique we use to compile anonymous information about the Website and Service.
- HiFi Corp may use any Optional Details provided by you, for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such Optional Details.
- We may use your Usage Details to:
- Automatically validate and/or verify your identity; for website and transaction security purposes via HiFi Corp or via a third party service provider;
- Automatically provide you with the latest version of the Hi Fi Corp application on your system;
- Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Website/Platform;
- Monitor aggregate Website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the Website/Platform.
- HiFi Corp shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of the Users and for this purpose, “personal information/personal details”; shall be defined as contained and detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000(PAIA).
- If you are a HiFi Corp website users, you agree that we may also electronically gather, save and use the following of your information:
- Name and surname, birth date, gender, identity number and /or passport number, nationality and country of residence (“Personal Information/Details”);
- E-mail address, mobile number, home and delivery address and credit card billing address (“Contact Details“);
- the credit or debit card number, cardholder name and expiration date you submit to HiFi Corp website in respect of your credit or debit card(s), (Credit or debit cards)
- HiFi Corp Website Users collects the aforesaid information from you in the following manner:
- User-provided Information: Your Personal Information/Details, Contact Details and Debit or Credit Card Details will be provided by you directly to us during your registration as a HiFi Corp website user and/or thereafter by you actively transacting, updating or supplementing such details in your HiFi Corp website users Account.
- HiFi Corp uses the information that HiFi Corp website users provide (or that we collect) to operate, validate, verify, maintain, enhance and provide all of the features of the Services, and as may be necessary to comply legally when conducting online payment transactions and related service provided.
- We use your Debit or Credit Card Details in order to provide the Services (including the verification thereof when you transact with HiFi Corp) and, should fees be charged for some of the Services and you have selected a credit or debit card as your means of payment therefor, to debit such credit or debit card for such fees owed by you. We use your Personal Information/Details to greet you when you access your HiFi Corp User Account, to manage and administer your use of the Services and fulfill our contractual obligations, including the verification of your identity when you transact with HiFi Corp. We use your Contact Details to verify your identity and to inform you of facts relating to your use of the Service(s) (e.g. notifications regarding major updates or content you have posted or downloaded from the Website/Platform, customer service notifications, and to address any copyright infringement or defamation issues); as well as to inform you, subject to obtaining your prior agreement, of competitions, promotions and special offers form us and/or any of our partners and/or affiliates
- Any user, who commits any of the offense detailed in section 85 to 88 of the ECT Act 25 of 2002 shall, notwithstanding criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting loss or damage suffered and/or incurred by HiFi Corp and its partners/affiliates.
- You may not:
- Provide any untrue or incorrect information to the website or HiFi Corp;
- Modify, copy, decompile or reverse engineer the website or use the website to make derivative copies;
- Lease, sell, assign or in any other way distribute the website or any information obtained from the website without the prior written consent of HiFi Corp;
- Use malicious search technology, including but not limited to spiders and crawlers;
- Frame any pages of the website;
- Deep link to any pages of the website in a way to suggest that you are the owner or license of any intellectual property in the website.
- Use the interactive sections of the website, for instance forums, clubs, surveys and e-mailing, to post any material which in HiFi Corp’s discretion is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise violates any laws. HiFi Corp does not have editorial control over the submission of any content to interactive sections of the website. You submit all information, including the publication of pictures and/or articles, at your sole risk and responsibility. HiFi Corp is not responsible or liable for damages or other adverse consequences caused by the use of the submissions.
- In line with the Film and Publications Board Act 3 of 2009 (FPB) as amended; to intensify the efforts to protect children from harmful images within the media, including films, exhibitions, games, the internet and other publications, the website is not targeted at children under the age of thirteen (13) and HiFi Corp will not knowingly collect information from users in this age group.
Conclusion of Sales and Availability of Stock
A sales order will only be deemed as completed once you have completed the purchase cycle and an approved payment/order confirmation is received. We will confirm your purchase order with you via your specified email. By you placing a product into your shopping cart or adding a product to a wish-list does not constitute a sale nor is such products, its price nor its quantities reserved. In the event that you complete the purchase cycle for such products at a later stage HiFi Corp cannot be liable to honor any Price changes or if such products are not available.
HiFi Corp shall use reasonable endeavors to make the advertised stock available at the displayed price, for the period specified. To the extent of the expressed stock limitation (or availability) HiFi Corp shall supply the consumer with the same or equivalent stock as an alternative to the advertised stock, in the event of running out of stock on the expressed stock limits. (HiFi Corp may limit the quantity of sale goods per consumer.) HiFi Corp strives to ensure that we minimise out of stock situations. HiFi Corp will take all reasonable means to make your purchased product available at that price or alternatively we will advise on an equivalent product option as an alternative in this unfortunate occurrence of running out of stock. We will notify you of any delivery delays should we need to source a product. Please refer to our termination of sale process should you opt for a full refund.
Clearance campaigns might be implemented from time to time where stock is available in limited quantities. HiFi Corp is not obliged to source stock or offer a similar or upgraded item for this sale as stock will no longer be available in future.
Displaying of Prices and Price Beat Policy
All pricing displayed on the web is inclusive of the current South African VAT, in South African Rands and is subject to price changes and may change without any warnings or notifications. Please note that all prices displayed exclude the cost of delivery. HiFi Corp takes utmost care to ensure that the displayed prices are correct. If a mistake is made or incorrect price is displayed we will correct these as soon as we are made aware of the incorrect displayed price. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges for any reason whatsoever, specifically also including negligence or gross negligence on the part of HiFi Corp, HiFi Corp will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges nor will HiFi Corp be held liable for any damages caused whatsoever as result of such erroneous prices, but shall refund monies paid by you should you not want the product at the correct price and/or deliver charge.
All transactions are conducted in South African RAND (R) (ZAR) through PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd. When PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd processes a transaction for you via any of their secure payment web services, the transaction is encrypted. The PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd security policy can be found at: https://www.payu.co.za/faqs/security.
We undertake to beat the price of any of our advertised products. This "price beat" excludes all online offers, website sales, opening sales, limited quantity or closing down sales or price errors, or Black Friday promotions. As a proud Supplier of original branded products we will not price beat any price for a grey or parallel import product. Subject to the above listed exclusions, we will beat a price from any local retailer on condition that the identical product must be in stock at the local retailer at the time of the price beat request by the customer from any local retailer on condition that the identical product or promotional offer linked to the identical product (ie freebies and bundle deals) must be in stock at the local retailer at the time of the price beat request by the customer.
Currency, Payment Methods and Transactional Security
All transactions are conducted in South African RAND (R) (ZAR) through PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd. When PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd processes a transaction for you via any of their secure payment web services, the transaction is encrypted. The PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd security policy can be found at: https://www.payu.co.za/faqs/security.
Please also read the PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd Terms and Conditions, located at: https://www.payu.co.za/legal. By submitting a sales order through any of the HiFi Corp website services, you warrant that you are acting within the bounds of the law and that you have the legal capacity to transact, or have the mandate to transact to do so. This includes that you have obtained the express permission (indemnity) of the person and or Business whose information you are submitting/using through any of our services and that you are not in breach of the Consumer Protection Act or National Credit Act, or any other applicable legislation in any way. You indemnify HiFi Corp, its Members and employees from any claim and/or liability from any third party arising out of your instructions and/or use of the service(s).
- HiFi Corp accepts the following types of payments on its website:
- Credit Card payments: Only South African issued (Visa and Master) credit cards will be accepted for online payments. On completing the purchase cycle the sales details are sent to the bank, if payment is unsuccessful or authorization is not issued by the bank your purchase cycle cannot be completed.
- Bank Deposits and Electronic Funds Transfer: Should you select to pay via a bank deposit or Electronic Fund Transfer, on completion of your order an instruction will be emailed to you regarding the method in which monies must be deposited in HiFi Corp's account which is subject to the following Terms and conditions:
- EFT Pro: the full amount must be paid as per your order request within 48hours of placing your order. Your order will be cancelled should you fail to deposit/transfer the funds within 48hours of placing your order. The EFT must be in SA Rands (ZAR) only (no other currency will be accepted). HiFi Corp cannot be held liable for any delays, errors, fees, bank affiliated fees / admin charges and currency fluctuations. PayU EFT Pro only facilitates the transaction between you and your bank. The terms and conditions existing between you and the Bank still apply. PayU does not store any online banking login details. The Delivery timeframe is relative and will be dependent on the time and date of the successful EFT Pro confirmation (please refer to our delivery timeframes T&C’s for info). As we do not store your banking details when conducting an EFT PRO, should you request a refund, we will require you to furnish your Bank account details anew.
- For a direct deposit, the deposit must be in cash and in SA Rand only, (no other currency will be accepted).
- No cheque deposits are accepted.
- Masterpass: Please refer to http://www.mastercard.com/za/consumer/terms-of-use.html for Masterpass terms and conditions. By using Masterpass as an online payment method, you agree to the following terms and conditions: Any queries relating to your Masterpass account, statement or else will be directed to Masterpass HiFi Corp is in no way obliged to assist, direct or manage any Masterpass concerns, issues or general information requests and no such requests will be entertained Masterpass returns and exchanges will be dealt with in the same way as any other product return. Please refer to our Returns Terms and Conditions You will not be refunded in cash for any Masterpass transaction. HiFi Corp cannot be held liable for the time it takes for your application to be concluded and is in no way obligated to honor any promotional and or limited stock products should these be sold out after your application is approved. The various card issuers and card types have different refund or reversal rules and these might change without notice or warning from the issuer. Savings and debit cards must be refunded in full and can take up 3 days or up until 19:00 if conducted on the same day. Transactions for ABSA issued cards can take up to 3 days to reflect. Credit and cheque cards have an up to 90 day refund or reversal window and partial credits can be done on these card types. Refunds not failing into these categories will need to be refunded via EFT.
- Mobicred facilitates the credit transaction. The terms and conditions existing between you and mobicred still apply. The Delivery timeframe is relative and will be dependent on the time and date of the successful mobicred confirmation (please refer to our delivery timeframes T&C’s for info)
- Your order number to be used in the reference section of the deposit slip or the electronic transfer, we will not be held liable for any delays should you fail to include these. Please email a copy of your deposit slip/transfer to email@example.com. Your delivery timeframe is dependent and will commence on the time and date of the funds reflecting in HiFi Corp's account and on condition that your deposit slip has been mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Depending on the bank, some payments may take up to three business days to reflect in our account. In such circumstances there will be a delay in having your order shipped.
- When paying using PayU EFT Pro, the communication process between you and your bank shall occur as it would when conducting an EFT with the Bank. You will be redirected to the online banking login screen and will be prompted to login with your online banking credentials. You will receive a one-time pin (OTP) which you would need to enter to confirm payment.
We are proud to introduce a more secure online shopping experience for you! Registration with 3D Secure is required when shopping online with us as a 3D secure merchant and no username and password to remember anymore. You will now receive a One-Time-Password (OTP) that will only be valid for one transaction when shopping at a 3D Secure merchant, protecting your Credit Card against fraudulent online use. We all love the convenience of shopping online, but are concerned about the risks that may be involved. This is why we at HiFi Corp deploy technology, such as 3D Secure, which has been designed to protect you while you shop. HiFi Corp reserves the right, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud, to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and HiFi Corp, in whole or in part, on notice to you. HiFi Corp shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you (see Hi Fi Corp's Refund Policy in point 26 in this regard), and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
Free delivery option includes all online orders, including but not limited to Large Appliances, TV’s and Component Audio Systems. Free delivery applies to online deliveries only and will not be available in-stores. Our free delivery promotion/option is only valid for all online orders within the borders of South Africa.
- Delivery: Important to note
- HiFi Corp delivers within the borders of South Africa only.
- Deliveries are door to door and must be a physical address within the borders of South Africa and not a Post Box We do not deliver to any postal addresses i.e. deliver to a post box or to any post offices. Please ensure all delivery details including the postal code are accurate, as you will be liable for all additional handling and shipping charges as a result of such errors. Please also ensure that someone is available to sign for and receive your goods at the time of delivery. It will be deemed that you as the purchaser assign without prejudice and without a proxy to a party other than yourself to sign for your goods at your specified and confirmed delivery address should you be or not be present at time of delivery.
- You accept that HiFi Corp does not have to prove that you personally received the delivery of such goods. You agree that we would only be required to prove that someone not necessarily yourself signed for the goods at your specified and confirmed delivery address. Although we monitor every purchase order to ensure your package is delivered.
- Should you have not received your delivery of goods after 24 hours of the expired delivery period you would need to contact us within a maximum of 48 hours. Should you fail to notify us of none delivery within the given period you agree that it would be deemed that you received the purchased goods.
- Delivery of products purchase through the online store is subject to the geographical delivery framework as determined by our courier partner. Should your delivery address fall into one of these categories, you will be liable for any additional costs incurred in delivery, storage and or returning the parcel. (Category list as follows; plots, farms, mines, military bases, major chain stores, power stations, game reserves and lodges and harbors)
- We will notify you of a failed delivery i.e.: whereby no one was at the specified delivery address to receive and sign for the goods at the time of delivery. We will endeavor to reschedule the delivery with you within 24 – 48 hours; however you may be liable if any additional handling and shipping charges are incurred for a re-delivery.
- Goods shipped in error /Incorrect goods delivered:
- In the unfortunate event that you receive a delivery whereby the goods and or its quantity delivered to you does not match your products and it’s quantity as per your waybill/purchase order, you agree to notify us immediately upon receipt of such delivery on 0860 459 459 or via mail email@example.com ,to have the incorrect goods collected and the correct goods delivered to you.
- Damaged Goods delivered:
- Please notify us within 24 hours of receipt of delivery on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0860 495 495, in the regrettable event that you receive a damaged product. We will do our utmost best to have the damaged product collected and a new product delivered to you within a maximum of 48hours (weekdays only).
Price of delivery:
- Delivery prices differ and are determined by the following:
- Location within major centers or Outlaying Delivery Areas
- Weight and Dimensions of total purchase order
- In the instance of special delivery deals the price of product or total purchase order value could
- determine the delivery rate.
- The price of your delivery is calculated automatically and will be displayed prior to the payment
- process, in the shopping cart and at checkout.
- Delivery Periods important to note:
Delivery service time frame will commence upon payments confirmation being received (unless supporting documents are requested i.e. in the case of the verification of TV License, a copy of an I.D will be requested), hence delivery timeframe will commence upon confirmation and verification of such supporting documents where applicable.
Delivery periods will generally be effected within the selected delivery type timeframe, after collection from point of dispatch and between Major Centers from Monday to Fridays.
We deliver on Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 17h00 to both business and residential addresses. No deliveries on a Saturday and Sunday and any Public Holiday. ID may be requested upon delivery. Major centers include any destination within a 40km radius of the following cities: Pretoria, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, George, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Nelspruit. Delivery outside main centers is usually within 3 working days. The following areas may experience delays due to airline constraints: George, Nelspruit, Richards Bay, Polokwane and Welkom.
We offer the following types of delivery options (Online only):
- 2 to 5 Day Delivery:
This service is available throughout South Africa and delivery will be effected within 24 to 72 hours, (Monday to Friday , excludes weekends and public holidays) on condition that your order is placed and payment as well as your order confirmation is received before 12h00. Certain Outlaying Delivery Areas routes and major centers may experience a 24-hour delay on shipments to or from any Outlaying Delivery Areas.
- Free Delivery:
This service is available for purchases within a 25km radius calculated from your closest HiFi Corp store throughout South Africa to Major Centres and will be affected within 3 to 5 working days, (Monday to Friday , excludes weekends and public holidays). Should your delivery point be more than 25km from your closest HiFi Corp store you will be required to conduct a payment for the delivery fee that you will be quoted for after the placing of your order. Failure to accept the delivery charge will result in your order being cancelled and any payments made by yourself to HiFi Corp will be refunded to you
A delay of up to 24 hours may be experienced on shipments to or from any Outlaying Delivery Areas
Warranty and Returns
If during the period following the expiry of the CPA implied warranty and the Manufacturers’ Warranty, and to the maximum period as stated on your invoice, the appliances which constitute the subject matter of this extended warranty terms and conditions manifest any manufacturing or similar such defects then the customer shall be indemnified by HiFi Corp, which at HiFi Corp's option, may replace, repair or refund the customer as compensation in respect of the loss suffered. It is emphasized that the extended warranty is in effect an extension of the CPA and the Manufacturers’ Warranty and covers the items stipulated in Paragraph B to the exclusion of the terms in Paragraph C of this agreement.
If a customer has a legitimate claim, which falls within the Terms & Conditions of this Extended Warranty, HiFi Corp may in its sole discretion repair, modify or credit any appliance or its component parts that are defective. If the defective appliance is a freezer, HiFi Corp undertakes to reimburse the customer the actual cost of the deteriorated frozen food only subject to a maximum value of R500.00 per claim or in total during the warranty period; and further subject to the customer retaining the deteriorated frozen food for evaluation by the HiFi Corp elected assessor
- The warranty does not cover any defects caused by foreign objects /connection errors that are not part of the appliance, including but not limited to;
- Use other than domestic use by the customer or his/her immediate resident families at the declared address appearing on the front of this document;
- Failure by the customer or any other person to comply with the manufacturers’ instructions for installation, maintenance or use;
- The use of accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer;
- The application and/or use of any incorrect or abnormal electrical or water supply to the appliance;
- Any defect in wiring, electrical connections or plumbing which does not form part of the appliance at the time of the original purchase;
- The presence in the appliance of objects which the appliance is not intended to cope with, such as hairpins, coins and buttons in washing machines, hot food in fridges and chewing gum and wax crayons in tumble dryers;
- Neglect, misuse, or willful abuse of the appliance;
- Anything related to the appearance of the appliance which does not in HiFi Corp sole opinion prevent the appliance from working adequately: this includes but is not limited to cosmetic and manufacturers’ defects such as: discoloring of any part of the appliance, paint peeling off, cracked or broken handles, plates, hinges, wheels, panels, shelves or any portion of the product which is glass;
- Rust or the effects of rust;
- Repairs or attempted repairs of the appliance by any person other than HiFi Corp or its authorized repairers;
- Any modification of the appliance by any person other than HiFi Corp or its authorized repairers; Parts or items of the appliance which are expected to wear out before the extended warranty period expires, including but not limited to, batteries, filters, disposable bags, rubber or plastic hose pipes, drive or fan belts, fuses and/or light bulbs cartridges, toners or ribbons;
- Fire, flood, war, civil disturbance, industrial action, acts of God or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the HiFi Corp;
- Any defect arising out of the design of the appliance;
- Any defect caused by lightning strike or power surges;
- Blown or damaged speakers arising from misuse;
- any damage caused due to the use of generic or re-filled cartridges;
- Any loss or destruction of, or any damage to any property whatsoever, or any loss expense whatsoever arising there from, or any consequential loss or any liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by or arising from ionizing, radiation, or contamination by radio activity from any nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. Combustion shall include any self-sustain process of nuclear fission, or any loss, destruction, damage or disability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by or arising from nuclear weapons material.
- In the case of cameras, the warranty does not apply to any accessories, batteries, charges, attachable lenses or additions which do not constitute the main body of the camera. In the case of TV’s; Hi-Fi’s; VCR’s or DVD’s – remotes are not covered.
- In addition, HiFi Corp will not be liable for the costs of;
- Maintenance, including cleaning, clearing of blockages and overhaul, insect infestation or paper jams;
- Work covered by the manufacturers’ recall of the appliance;
- Call out charges where the breakdown is not covered by the extended warranty; and Material or labor which is recoverable from the manufacturer or any person who may be held responsible in terms of any other guarantee or warranty.
- HiFi Corp will not in any circumstances be liable for any consequential loss or damages suffered by the customer whether directly or indirectly related defect in the appliance to the extent permissible by law.
- Repairs may not be affected without prior authorization from HiFi Corp.
- In the case of an authorized repairer being called out for a fault covered by the warranty, HiFi Corp shall pay the repairer for all labor and materials supplied in terms of the extended warranty, while the customer shall be liable to pay the repairer all other charges, including but not limited to the call out charge should no defect be found in the appliance.
- The repair will be carried out in terms of the warranty within a radius of sixty kilometers from the appointed service agent’s premises. Should the repairer be required to travel beyond this radius, the customer will be charged at the prevailing AA rate per kilometer.
- HiFi Corp’s authorized repairers reserve the right not to do house calls in areas where their personal safety may be at risk.
- Warranty does not cover computer software.
- The customer shall notify HiFi Corp in writing within ten days of any change of his or her address. The fee paid for the extended warranty is not refundable under any circumstances whatsoever unless cancelled within seven days of purchase. The customer shall take all reasonable precautions to maintain the appliance is in good working order. The extended warranty contract ceases to exist if the appliance is replaced or a credit is given to the customer. Any monies paid for the extended warranty contract are forfeited and not refundable. This is only applicable when the product is out of the manufacturer’s warranty.
- The extended warranty period as stated on the Extended Warranty Agreement shall be the governing period notwithstanding any additional supplier warranty on specific components.
- The extended warranty shall in no way effect the terms and conditions of the sale agreement in terms of which the customer bought the product. The extended warranty shall be governed by the laws of South Africa and in the case of dispute arising in terms of the extended warranty; the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court in terms of Act 32 of 1944 as amended, to hear the dispute notwithstanding the fact that any amount may exceed the jurisdiction. The extended warranty is limited to the terms and conditions herein contained. No agreement, varying, adding to, amended, deleting, or cancelling this warranty shall be effective unless reduced to writing and signed by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- HiFi Corp shall be entitled to assign its right and obligation in terms of this agreement to a third party without the consent of the consumer. Small items and/or items which are portable shall be taken by the customer to the nearest HiFi Corp store for repair.
Subject to these terms, all goods carry an implied warranty in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) which forthwith gives the consumer the right to return unsafe and defective goods in terms of section 20 read together with section 56 of the CPA. Notwithstanding, the CPA implied warranty, our goods also carry a manufacturers’ warranty where applicable, which will run concurrently with any warranty in terms of the law. The implied warranty on goods supplied places an obligation on HiFi Corp to accept the return of unsafe or defective goods within six months of delivery, in the event of the goods not complying with requirements and standards contemplated in section 55 of the CPA. Furthermore, the consumer has a right to return goods to HiFi Corp if:
- The consumer finds, within ten days of delivery, that the goods are unsuitable for a particular purpose for which the consumer has expressed intention to use the goods as contemplated in s55(3);
- The consumer did not have a chance to examine the goods and rejected delivery of the goods for any reasons contemplated in section 19(5); and
- The consumer has refused delivery of any of those goods, because they were mixed with items that were not ordered, as contemplated in section 19(8).
- Under no circumstances will we accept returned goods where the consumer has been afforded the opportunity to inspect the goods prior to the purchase or acceptance of a delivery, the goods have been damaged due to the customer’s negligence, the goods have been disassembled, permanently installed, physically altered, used or installed contrary to our or the manufacturer’s instructions and/or have been subjected to misuse or abuse. We sell goods for domestic purposes only and for the purpose for which they were manufactured. Normal wear and tear will also be excluded. If you want to return alleged defective goods in terms of a warranty, we or the manufacturer will, as per our Return Policy, assess the goods to determine the reason for the defect in the goods. Such assessments could take up to 21 Days.
- We will consider and deal with all other returns in terms of applicable law, the manufacturers’ warranty, the terms of the extended warranty and our Return Policy. All refunds are less any charges permissible in terms of the law. If you are entitled in law to return goods to us for any reason, the law in certain instances allows us to charge for the use of the goods and to be able to restock the goods. As a valued customer, we shall at all times endeavor to provide you with the best customer service and ensure that all your rights in terms of the Consumer Protection Act are protected. As a gesture of our commitment to you we have established a ‘change of mind/peace of mind’ return policy, which is provided to you over and above the rights you have in terms of the Consumer Protection Act. In terms of this return policy, we may consider replacing goods purchased with us within 14 days from the date of purchase if such goods are returned in their original condition and packaging, subject to the fact that they have not been misused or abused or damaged due to gross negligence on the part of the customer.
- Due to the nature of the goods and/or copyright law restrictions, you cannot return computer and gaming software, speakers, CD’s, DVD’s and Blu-ray discs unless it is found that the goods were defective at the time of purchase. All defect software will be exchanged for the same products/software item. Prior to conducting a purchase of any computer software and or games, you agree to ensure that these are compatible with your current operating system, hardware and or console. HiFi Corp will not be responsible or liable for system or products incompatibilities. Should you require more information on the system compatibilities not displayed on the website, please direct your request to email@example.com.
Post-Sale, any damage caused by, or evidence of the following will invalidate the warranty and will unfortunately not be covered under the repair warranty. Repairs due to this type of damage will be for the customer’s account:
- Lightning damage
- Extended exposure to moisture and humidity
- Liquid contamination
- Fire or heat damage
- Acts of God
- Public disturbances
- Connection to incorrect voltage or damage due to electrical power surges
- Normal wear and tear
- Accidental damage
- Misuse or abuse (Including “screen burn”)
- Failure to properly maintain
- Use of improper cleaning methods
- Infestation by insects or vermin
- Incorrect installation
- Incorrect operation
- Use for which it is not designed (e.g. commercial or industrial environment)
- Use of faulty or leaking batteries
- Damage caused by the use of remanufactured or generic accessories and ink supplies
- Incomplete or incorrect customer instruction/education
- Evidence of tampering or repair by a non-approved service center
- Altered or removed serial number
- Prolonged and excessive periods of maximum volume and loudness leading to damage of speakers and/or speaker boxes
- Damage causing LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) leakage or screen cracks
- Software related faults (no hardware fault)
- Software drivers
- Damage caused by viruses or malicious software
- Office Hardware:
- All unsealed, open and used pc, laptops, netbooks & tablets must be assessed, by agent prior to any exchanges, refunds, etc. The customer will be liable for charges for reconfiguration due to software related errors, failures as a result of incorrect installations, modifications, password unblocking virus etc. The warranty of hardware products is null and void should the product be tampered with, warranty seals or warranty stickers on the product be broken or removed by anyone other than the assigned agent.
- Please contact or visit your closest store for any over counter in-store and online purchase to be repaired. Logging your return or repair on-line with our call center to arrange a courier collection is only applicable for products purchased on-line. For products purchased online to be returned or that requires a repair under warranty you have the additional option of a taking the product into any RSA HiFI Corp store. Courier collections will occur within 72hours (weekdays only) from time of booking confirmation being received. Customer is to ensure that the goods are properly packaged as not to sustain damages whilst in transit. Repairs take a maximum of 21days from the day of goods being delivered to a HiFi Corp store, or a maximum of 21days if collected by a repairs agent. Any abuse, tampering, incorrect installations, mismatching and damage due to natural disasters will not be covered under the above warranties. If your product is not repairable (and if covered by the warranty) your product will be replaced by a similar product/ model. Before we start any repair work for out of warranty returns, you will be charged with an upfront payment of R350 as a deposit. You will be charged this fee should you advise us that we should not proceed with the repair work. In the event that you give us approval to proceed with the repair work, the aforementioned R350 will be waived (subject to section 15 of the CPA). If you do not collect the repaired goods within 2 months after we have notified you that it is ready for collection, we may sell the goods to defray costs.
- Plasma, LCD & LED screens and or televisions
- Panel televisions that is larger than 32” carries a call out services, whereby the repair agent will come out to your premises to inspect the nature of the fault in the unfortunate event that your unit goes faulty. For faulty units out of the 14 day exchange period, a call can be logged with any of our stores, we recommend logging a call with your closest store; please refer to the “store locator” information section on the website. Call outs are only applicable for defected units. Where goods are defective as a result of a manufactures fault you will not be liable for the call out fee. You will be liable for the call out fee if the fault is found to be as a result of an incorrect installation or incorrect set-up, if goods are damaged i.e. due to customer's misuse, abuse or negligence.
- Large Appliances
- All large appliances sold carry a call out service whereby the repair agent will come out to your premises to inspect and repair your large appliance in the unfortunate event that your unit is faulty. All call outs will be attended to within 48-72 hours over weekdays only of the call being logged with any of our stores or our call centre on 0860459459 to log a call. (We suggest you contact your closest store, find closest store “Store Locator” refer to the information section on this website. Dependent of the nature of the fault,, repairs could be done on site or could take up to a maximum of 21 days to have resolved. Products within the warranty period incur no call out fee, whereas products out of warranty will incur the repair agent call out fee.
- Gaming Consoles
- Gaming consoles faulty calls are carried by our approved agents or their authorized repair agent. In the event that your console is faulty please contact your nearest store or firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to produce a valid TV license and ID document when purchasing a TV. You may purchase or renew your annual TV license either in our stores or on the website. In terms of the Broadcasting Act and Television License Regulations, license holders are required to take note of and/or comply with the following: Statutory obligations pertaining to a television license:
- A television license is valid only at the permanent address reflected on the license.
- A person purchasing a television set must be in possession of a valid (paid-up) TV license. A television set may not be purchased using someone else’s TV license.
- When taking out a domestic/household television license for the first time, a person is required to provide his/her personal particulars: surname, initials, ID number (a copy thereof, fixed address and contact details.
- When renewing a television license, a person is required to present an existing license, a copy thereof, or a renewal notice.
- license holder must notify the SABC, in writing, of a change of address within 30 days
- A television license is not transferable from one license holder to another except between spouses or between unmarried “life partners” in a permanent relationship, on the death of a husband/wife or partner.
- A single domestic television license is required per household regardless of the number of TV sets, provided that all sets so licensed are used at a license holder’s residential premises only by members of his/her family.
- A separate domestic television license at the full annual tariff is required for a second or additional residential property (e.g., a holiday home) since a different physical address is involved.
- “Family members of a television license holder” – defined as all persons who are permanently resident with the license holder; and are dependent on him, and are owed a legal duty of support by the license holder – are covered by a single TV license in his/her name. A person has to meet all three of these conditions to be covered by a household’s TV license. In practice, such domestic license covers a license holder and his/her immediate, dependent family members – in the case of a married couple, a husband/wife and his/her dependent, minor children. Adult (non-dependent) children or more distant relatives – such as adult children, parents/ grandparents, brothers/sisters, uncles/aunts – or boarders or lodgers sharing a family’s home, are not defined as family members. They are separately liable for television sets in their possession and/or used by them.
BUSINESS TV LICENSES
- A business television license is required by businesses (including government departments) using TV sets in their business/commercial activities or on premises occupied for business purposes. Businesses pay per TV set in their possession.
- Once a year, the SABC has to be provided with an audited statement indicating the number of television sets and the period for which such sets were in their possession. Should an inspection reveal any irregularities in this regard, a business is liable for the additional TV license fees and fines. A penalty of R300.00 per set shall also be imposed.
Credit Terms and Conditions
Monthly instalment and total credit price shown include interest as shown, Basic insurance, Initiation fee, Service fee and VAT. Delivery charges, deposit, Comprehensive insurance and extended warranties are excluded. Credit and ''No deposit'' offers remain subject to credit approval, an affordability assessment as required by the National Credit Act and a debit order where relevant. INTEREST RATE, DEPOSIT, INSTALMENT AND CREDIT PRICE MAY VARY BY CREDIT PROFILE AND TERM LOAN. Minimum Application Requirements: ID Book, latest payslip, 3 months bank statements, monthly expense details and a copy of your Credit Life insurance policy (if you have your own policy) is required when taking up a personal loan. If you do not have your own Credit Life insurance, you will be required to take out a policy with us before the loan amount can be approved. Connect Financial Solutions (Pty) Ltd (Reg no.: 2018/431596/07) an authorised Financial Service provider and a registered Credit Provider (NCRCP11158) trading as HiFi Corp, Abacus Life Ltd and Abacus Insurance Ltd.Any free gift offers or promotional offers linked to a credit application might be withdrawn at the discretion of HiFi Corp. The free gift card can only be used against your next purchase and is not exchangeable for cash
Quick On-Line Credit App is subject to your acceptance of the Ts & Cs set out herein. By clicking on the tick-box provided, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the use of website Ts &Cs as well as Quick On-Line Credit App Ts&Cs and agree to be bound by them.
Quick Online Credit App Process
By completing and submitting this Quick On-Line Credit App, you:
- Confirm that you have read and understand these Ts&Cs, the meaning and that the Quick On-Line Credit App is subject to a full credit application Ts&Cs which includes an affordability assessment as required by the National Credit Act, as amended (“NCA”);
- Confirm that you are the person whose details you have given to us as the applicant in the quick online credit app;
- Confirm all information that you provide us is truthful, complete, accurate and correct. You must immediately notify us if any of your information changes;
- Confirm you are capable and have the capacity to apply for credit and to enter into a credit agreement with us which includes that you are mentally sound, not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, above the age of 18 and obtained written consent from your spouse or civil partner (where applicable);
- Consent to the further processing of your personal information for purposes relating to the Quick On-Line Credit App including any Credit Bureau and other agencies, as permitted by law,
Once you receive confirmation that you qualify for credit, confirmation of which you will receive by way of email and/or sms you are required to visit any Hi Fi Corp store, quote your ID number and complete a full credit application. Minimum full credit application Ts &Cs include:
- ID Book, or Official Residential Permit for non-RSA nationals;
- latest payslip;
- 3 (three) months bank statements;
- monthly expense details and your household content insurance and/or Credit Life policy documents;
- These requirements are dependent on your employment status and risk profile. INTEREST RATE, DEPOSIT, INSTALMENT AND CREDIT PRICE MAY VARY BY CREDIT PROFILE AND TERM LOAN.
- The Quick On-Line Credit App is subject to the verification of the identification of the applicant and applicant being above the age of 18, who is in possession of a valid identity document or passport.
- Your Quick On-Line Credit App offer will only be valid for 7 (seven) days from the date you receive confirmation that you qualify for credit via email and/or sms and provided you supply the same information at the time of the Quick On-Line Credit App as in-store application.
Disclosures and Consent
Connect Financial Solutions (Pty) Ltd (Reg no.: 2018/431596/07) an authorised Financial Service provider and a registered Credit Provider (NCRCP11158) trading as HiFi Corp
You consent to and agree that Pepkor Trading (Pty) Ltd is to access any of your personal information required from any Credit Bureau and other agencies, as permitted by law, to:
- make enquiries to obtain or confirm your credit profile and repayment behaviour;
- to supply and/or submit any information about you or provided to us by you;
- seek, verify and receive information from any credit bureau or third party (with whom you have financial relations at any time) when assessing your quick online credit app or your creditworthiness,
- to disclose the above information as required in law; and
- to retain records of your personal and credit information in any database in accordance with the provisions of the NCA.
- You acknowledge and understand that a credit bureau will provide us with credit profile information and possibly a credit score reflecting your creditworthiness. We cannot be held responsible for any loss that you may suffer or damage that you may incur caused by any credit bureaus or agency.
Privacy & Information Security Policies
- You agree to keep your information safe and to not disclose it to any unauthorised third party. You further agree that we cannot be held liable for any damages or loss sustained by you as a result such information becoming known to third parties, whether through your actions or through fraud, malware or phishing.
- We reserve the right to suspend any account that we believe may have been compromised accordingly.
- You must notify us immediately if you believe that your information has been processed without your permission. You can contact us on our call centre number or e-mail us as per details below.
- This Quick On-Line Credit App is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, irrespective of whether or not you are South African or are accessing our website outside of the Republic of South Africa.
- In terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act of 2002, as amended, (“ECTA”) these Ts&Cs are binding and legally enforceable against you. We do not sell any products via this Quick On-Line Credit App and accordingly, the provisions of ECTA relating to electronic transactions in this regard do not apply in respect of the Quick On-Line Credit App.
- You have the right to resolve any dispute that may arise between us by way of alternative dispute resolution, or to file a complaint with the National Credit Regulator, or to make an application to the Tribunal as per details below.
- Subject to the provisions of the NCA, we may, from time to time, update or change these Ts&Cs. We recommend that you read these Ts&Cs every time you access and use our website. Amended Ts&Cs will bear a different version number on the footer of each page of these Ts&Cs and will supersede and replace any previous Ts&Cs.
- No indulgence or extension of time which either you or us may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
- We shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of these Ts&Cs without notice to you.
- All provisions of these Ts&Cs are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of these Ts&Cs which is or becomes unenforceable, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as not having been written and the remaining provisions of these Ts&Cs shall remain in full force and effect.
The following contact details are hereby disclosed:
- Customer Care: 010 211 1120 or email@example.com Operating hours: Monday - Friday 08h00 - 17h00 and Saturdays 08h00 - 13h00
- Credit Ombudsman: 086 1662 837
- National Credit Regulator: 086 062 7627
- Credit Bureau: 086 1128 364
Lay-By Terms and Conditions
- In this Agreement, unless the context indicates differently:
- "Agreement" means these terms and conditions, including the Schedule and all written notices that the supplier has given to the consumer;
- "Business day" means any day except for a Saturday, Sunday or South African public holiday;
- "Consumer"/"you"/"your" means the person who has agreed to enter into this Agreement and whose details are recorded in the Schedule;
- "Schedule(s)" means the Retail Lay-by Schedule to Agreement attached to these terms and conditions which records the purchase price of the particular goods, the number of instalments to be paid, the quantity of the instalments to be paid, the dates on which the instalments need to be paid and any other Schedules which may be attached hereto by agreement between the parties;
- "Supplier"/"we"/"us"/"our" means the Lay-by Provider as set out in the Retail Lay-by Schedule;
- "VAT" means value-added tax chargeable under the Value-Added Tax Act 89 of 1991;
- The headings of the various clauses in this Agreement have been inserted purely for the purpose of convenience and they will not be used to interpret the Agreement.
- Any reference to a gender includes the other genders; and
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa (the other way around).
You have agreed:
- to buy the goods set out in the Schedule on lay-by; and
- to pay for the goods by making regular payments until payment of the full purchase price, as set out in the Schedule to Agreement.
- You understand and agree that the goods will not be delivered to you and you will not become the owner thereof until you have paid the full purchase price for the goods. The goods will remain at our risk until you have accepted delivery of them.
You have agreed that:
- this Agreement represents the entire Agreement between you and the supplier and that no alterations or additions to this Agreement may be effected unless agreed to by both parties, reduced to writing and signed by you and a duly authorised representative of the supplier; and
- for purposes of this Agreement "signature" or "signed" may include an electronic signature as contemplated in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 ("ECT Act").
Down-Payment and Instalments
You understand and agree that:
- the minimum required initial down-payment shall be R100 or 5% of the total sales value inclusive of VAT whichever is the greatest;
- the purchase price of the goods include VAT at the current rate of tax;
- if, at any time before the full purchase price of the goods is paid by you, the VAT rate is changed in relation to the supply of the goods, we will be entitled to recover the VAT increase from you prior to delivery of the goods;
- the Agreement will commence upon signature of the Schedule to Agreement. The Lay-by Provider reserves the right to terminate the agreement in the event that the initial down-payment has not been received within 30 (thirty) calendar day;
- thereafter, you must pay the monthly instalments on or before the due dates until the final payment date. All amounts must be paid at the address of the store, or via a direct deposit into the bank account of the store;
- in the event of a store closure or relocation, the consumer's lay-by agreement will be transferred to a store identified by the Lay-by Provider. Payment of the lay-by, as per the Schedule, shall continue and collection of the goods will occur at the newly identified store. In the case of the goods being delivered to the consumer's elected address, refer to clause 6.1.
- The payments will be applied towards the settlement of the purchase price on the final payment date
Terms of the Agreement
If you terminate the Agreement before paying the full purchase price, or fail to complete the payment for the goods within the required period, we:
- may charge a termination penalty of 1% of the full purchase price of the goods. At your request, we will provide you with written details on how the penalty was calculated. We will not charge a termination penalty if sufficient proof is made available to us that your failure to complete payment was due to death or your hospitalisation;
- will, after deducting the termination penalty (if any), refund you any amounts paid by you under this Agreement;
- will, in order to protect you from possible fraud, use best endeavors to process your refund into your bank account within 48 hours, subject to positive proof of identification and verification of your banking details.
- You understand and agree that if the agreement had been terminated for any reason and you wish to buy other or similar goods, you will be required to enter into a new agreement with us and the current price of the goods will then apply.
Statement of Accounts and Contact Details
- We will deliver a monthly statement of account to you by way of SMS.
- You must check each statement as soon as you receive it and inform us within 7 days of receipt thereof if you think that a statement is not correct.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct contact details and to inform us of any changes.
DELIVERY OF THE GOODS
- We will make every reasonable effort to deliver the goods to you as soon as possible after we have received the full purchase price of the goods.
- We cannot be responsible for failure to perform or to deliver or delays in performance or delivery due to circumstances beyond our control ("force majeure events"). We will not be liable to you for any loss arising from any failure or delay in performance or providing the goods resulting from force majeure events. We will use reasonable endeavours to continue to perform in terms of this Agreement as soon as performance becomes possible. We may contact you to agree on alternative dates for delivery, but will not require you to accept delivery at an unreasonable time.
- You understand and agree that the goods as set out in the Schedule, are identified and described by style, make, model, kind, design or category ("Type"). This does not mean that specific goods are set aside for the duration of the lay-by agreement, but that we will deliver that Type to you after receipt of the full purchase price for the goods.
If, for reasons beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to deliver that Type to you, we will, at your option:
- supply you with an equivalent quantity of goods that are comparable or superior in description, design or quality; or
- refund to you the amounts deposited with us for the goods, with interest in accordance with the Prescribed Rate of Interest Act 55 of 1975.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct delivery address prior to delivery of the goods.
Transfer of Rights
- Unless our prior written consent has been obtained, you will not be entitled to cede, delegate, assign or transfer all or any part of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- You hereby authorise us and agree that we may cede at any time any part or all of our rights under this Agreement or transfer any part or all of our rights or obligations (whether by way of delegation or assignment) under this Agreement to any third party. You further agree that it shall not be necessary for us to provide prior notification to you in the event of any such cession or transfer.
The following contact details are hereby disclosed:
- JD Lay-By Customer Care:………………………..086 111 7775
- National Consumer Commission:…………………012 761 3000
- Consumer Goods and Services Ombud:…………0860 000 272
Address of Notices and Legal Processes
You agree to accept any notice and legal processes under this Agreement at the address recorded in the Schedule. (This address is known in law as your domicilium citandi et executandi or domicile address).
We choose as our domicile address where you must deliver all notices and legal processes, the Lay-by Provider’s address as set out in the Retail Lay-by Schedule.
If you want to change the address at which you agree to accept notices and legal processes, then you must send us a notice in writing by registered post. The notice must:
- inform us that you are changing your address; and
- set out the new address at which you agree to accept notices.
- Any new address must be a physical address in the Republic of South Africa.
If we send a notice to you:
- When we treat a notice as if you have received it by a certain date, it means that we do not have to prove that you did receive it then. If you claim that you did not receive the notice by that date, then you will have to prove it.
- by prepaid registered post to your address, we will treat it as if you have received it 7 (seven) days after posting; and
- by hand, we will treat it as if you have received it on the date of delivery.
- When we treat a notice as if you have received it by a certain date, it means that we do not have to prove that you did receive it then. If you claim that you did not receive the notice by that date, then you will have to prove it.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement is in all respects governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- You agree that the supplier may bring legal proceedings against you relating to this Agreement in any Magistrate's Court that has jurisdiction, even if the amount of the claim may exceed the jurisdiction of that court. This does not prevent the supplier from bringing legal proceedings in a High Court that has jurisdiction.
- We do not lose any of our rights under this Agreement if we do not insist immediately and in every instance on these rights. You may not use it as defense if we had a right which we did not enforce at the relevant time.
- If any term or condition of this Agreement becomes unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, that term or condition is severable from and shall not affect the validity of any other term or condition in this Agreement.
If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not order any of our goods or order, register for, or use any of our services.
- “direct marketing” means any direct communication between HiFi Corp and you for the purpose of goods and service information, marketing goods or services, customer profile building and personal customer care;
- “information” means any information, including personal information that you provide to HiFi Corp;
- “interactive sections” means all sections of the website which allow you to communicate via the website with other visitors of the website or with HiFi Corp, including but not limited to forums, clubs, surveys, feedback forms, clubs and e-mails;
"Personal information" means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where its applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to:
- Information relating to race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about that person
- “we” or “us” or “HiFi Corp” means JD Consumer Electronics and Appliances (Pty) Ltd, a division of Pepkor Trading (Pty) Ltd trading as HiFi Corp. HiFi Corp is part of a group of brands that all trade under Pepkor Trading. When you share your information with one of our brands, you may be sharing it with one of the other brands. “website” means www.hificorp.co.za
- “social media” means any social media platform, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- "you” or “user” means any person who accesses or uses the website.
Collection of Personal Information
- We collect certain information: when you make use of our services, necessary to provide the service to you; from your web browser; from cookies we may send to your computer and from web beacons on our website to track how you use our website and to try and give you a personalised experience; and optional information, that you provide when you upload or download content from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys or register and subscribe for certain additional services.
Active Collection of Personal Information
- When you order any goods or services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods or services information)
- You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
- In these situations, HiFi Corp will ask the user for particular information, and inform the user at each information point what information is mandatory and what information is optional, specifically in the instances of ordering any goods or services from us.
- BY PROVIDING US WITH ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR OPTIONAL INFORMATION YOU ARE CONSENTING TO US TO COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW AND IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED BELOW.
You agree that HiFi Corp may collect, use and store your personal information to:
- establish and verify your identity;
- maintain and update HiFi Corp’s customer, or potential customer databases;
- greet you when you access the website;
- send you direct marketing material from which you will be able to opt out or unsubscribe;
- provide you with value added services like specialized services and knowledgeable staff, free advice, technical call centre, peace of mind supplier backed warranties as well as special corporate deals;
- send you messages about the website, your account, the goods and services we offer;
- communicate with you in general;
- customize the website to users' preferences;
- inform you of facts relating to your website access and use;
- improve the content of the website or any of our services; installation, guarantee, extended warranties, customer care and product reviews;
- inform you about HiFi Corp’s goods and services, including information particularly aimed at a specific user;
- inform you about competitions, promotions and special offers from HiFi Corp;
- do marketing and product research for HiFi Corp;
- provide you with targeted advertising when you access the website.
Passive Collection of Personal Information
- HiFi Corp passively collects (i.e. without the user actively providing the information) information from your browser, including an IP address, browsing habits, click patterns, version of software installed, system type, screen resolutions, colour capabilities, plug-ins, language settings, cookie information, and the page requested.
- A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which HiFi Corp’s computer system transfers to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit the website. It enables our system to recognize you when you visit the website again and to improve our service to you. It also enables us to diagnose problems with our server, to report and aggregate information, to determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting with the website, and how to better administer and improve the website. It also enables us to compile aggregate information about your website access and use.
- We can use this information to enhance the content of the website and to make it more user-friendly.
- You consent to the passive collection, use and storage of user's information
Disclosure / Sharing
You agree that HiFi Corp may disclose, if needed, your personal information to:
- HiFi Corp's affiliates;
- Employees or third parties contracted or employed by HiFi Corp to provide services for or to HiFi Corp, including for example, website hosting and development, joint content and services; customer support, technical support, financial services like credit or other payment processing, delivery services, to guide decisions about our products, services and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services); and other support services. These companies require access to users' personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes and HiFi Corp will take all reasonable steps to enter into confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements with the relevant service providers;
- Any third party to investigate or resolve complaints, including abuse complaints;
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria)
- Any third party who acquires all, or substantially all, of the assets or shares in HiFi Corp, any of HiFi Corp's affiliates, and/or the HiFi Corp website, whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise. We will disclose the transfer on the website;
Governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if HiFi Corp is required to do so by law or if HiFi Corp believes that this is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
- protect and defend the rights, property or safety of HiFi Corp, its affiliates or their customers;
- prevent or deal with fraud or the abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of the website;
- protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, HiFi Corp will proactively disclose this information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
- You agree that HiFi Corp may use your personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may trade with these profiles and statistical data, provided that the third party will not be able to link the profiles or statistical data to the user.
- HiFi Corp may monitor, intercept, read, block, or delete communication over its information systems.
- HiFi Corp takes reasonable steps to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems with reference to accepted technological standards to secure all information under its control.
- Our hosting company will host our website in a secure environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
Accurate and up to Date
- We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes explicitly defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, by emailing us, or by phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
- You may update or correct your personal information to ensure it is accurate, current, and complete, by e-mailing HiFi Corp Head office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HiFi Corp will take reasonable steps to correct or update such information as soon as possible.
- You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record. During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside of South Africa
- We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Username and Passwords
- You acknowledge that Internet communications and transactions are not 100% secure or error free. In particular, information may not be secure in transit from the user to the website.
- Moreover, where the user provides particularly sensitive personal information like passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is the user's responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of it and to safeguard them.
- The website is not targeted at children under the age of EIGHTEEN and HiFi Corp will not knowingly collect information from users in this age group
- We encourage parents to talk to their children about the use of the Internet and information they disclose to websites.
- Unauthorized use of information systems may be a violation of the law, including the Electronic Communications and transactions Act 25 of 2002 and the agreement between you and HiFi Corp. A violation may result in civil and criminal penalties.
Queries and Complaints
RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
- The arbitration proceedings must be conducted in Johannesburg in English.
- The arbitration ruling will be final and the unsuccessful party will pay the costs of the successful party on an attorney and own client scale.
External Social Media Policy
- We operate various social media communities on various social media services and are glad to have you as a community member. We encourage you to publish content and interact with us and other community members through our communities.
- This policy applies to your conduct on any of our communities on any social media service. Social media is a broad term that covers any existing or future digital tool or other kind of technology that allows one person to publish the same message to many people in a public or semi-public forum at the same time using the Internet or a similar communications network.
Not our View
- We’re always glad to hear from you and encourage you to engage through our social media communities, but what you and other community members publish on our social media communities do not necessarily reflect our views. In fact, the views you and other community members express are yours or theirs alone and not ours.
- We will do our best to reply to anything that you publish to our social media communities or send directly to us through social media within a reasonable time, but there may be times when we take longer to reply to you. We generally moderate our social media communities from 08h00 to 17h00 on weekdays other than public holidays. We also generally have reduced hours for replying to anything published after hours, on the weekend, or on public holidays. We may also sometimes only reply to these on the next available working day. However, we are not liable for responding within an unreasonable time or failing to respond to you at all.
- We appreciate it when you post content to our social media communities and we may acknowledge it with a ‘like’, ‘retweet’, ‘favourite’, or other way of acknowledging it depending on the particular social media service you published it on. But, the mere fact that we acknowledge something you publish does not mean that we endorse it in any way. We only endorse something if we explicitly say that we do in writing.
We believe in freedom of speech and we encourage you to conduct yourself as you please (within reason) on our social media communities, provided that it doesn’t amount to abuse. You’re allowed to respectfully disagree with someone, but you’re not allowed to attack them personally. You may not engage in any of the following prohibited conduct:
- discrimination, which means treating someone in a certain way based on prejudice – like racism, homophobia, bigotry, or other kinds of prejudice.
- hate speech, which means attacking someone based on their attributes – like their gender, ethnicity, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation;
- harassment, which means harming someone or threatening to harm them – like bullying, intimidation, or stalking; or
- trolling, which means a specific way of harassing someone online by intentionally sowing discord, starting arguments, or publishing objectionable content.
We look forward to having your content on our social media communities and want you to feel empowered to publish anything within reason. But, you may not publish any prohibited content including:
- illegal content that is prohibited by law – like child pornography, pirated content, or content that otherwise infringes someone else’s copyright or other rights;
- harmful content that could cause harm to someone – like defamatory comments, fraudulent claims, or untrue statements;
- offensive content that could reasonably offend someone – like pornography, obscenities, or anything intended to shock someone; or
impermissible content – contrary to any codes or standards that we subscribe to and make you aware of. Competitions We run promotional competitions through social media from time to time. These promotional competitions are regulated by rules that determine what entries we accept, how we randomly select winners, and how the competition is monitored by auditors or other monitoring parties. The law requires us to have these rules and to appoint an external party to oversee that the competition is conducted fairly and according to the rules. A copy of the rules is available to you on request if you are an entrant or available on our websites. You may not engage in any of the following prohibited conduct:
- unjustified outcries, which means strong expressions of public disapproval or anger based on false assumptions – like “The competition was rigged!” (our competitions are run strictly in accordance with the law and any baseless claim to the contrary is defamation against us);
- discriminatory objections, which means negative comments about the competition or its results based on attributes of the individual entrants or winners, including their gender, ethnicity, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation – like “I can’t believe only [insert attribute here] people won!” or “Not even a single [insert attribute here] person won!” (anyone is allowed to enter our competitions and winners are randomly chosen by computer software under the supervision of an external party – no one has any control over who wins or who does not and there may be multiple winners with a single attribute and none with yours); and
- prohibited discussions, which means certain aspects of promotional competitions that we are not allowed to talk to you about in terms of our promotional competition rules, like the personal details of the winners. We also advise you not to share personal information on any public platform. Rather send us a private inbox message to keep your personal details safe.
- Unfortunately, other community members may not abide by this policy and you may have to report them to us. You should not feel bad about reporting your fellow community members if you have a legitimate reason to think that they have breached this policy, particularly if they have done something to negatively affect you. However, you should not report anyone lightly. Any use of our reporting facility to censor discussion may itself be regarded as a breach of this policy.
Each social media community has features that allow us to edit or completely remove published content under certain circumstances. We value your contributions to our communities and will never use these features to edit or remove content you publish unnecessarily. But, as the moderator of our social media communities we are responsible for overseeing their content. We have complete discretion to edit or remove anything you publish on our social media communities that we think is inconsistent with this policy without notice to you. We may also impose filters on our social media communities depending on the features of the relevant social media service that prevent you and other community members from posting content containing certain keywords in the first place. We may moderate any of the following things as described above among others:
- anything that is not relevant to a social media community or the conversation in question;
- anything that results from prohibited conduct, including discrimination, hate speech, harassment, or trolling;
- prohibited content, including content that is illegal, harmful, offensive, or impermissible; or
- prohibited promotional competition related content, including unjustified outcries, discriminatory objections, or prohibited discussions
Queries and Reinstatement
- If we have removed anything that you have published, you may ask us for reasons why it was removed. We will do our best to inform you of the reason for removal, but are not required to do so. We also need not tell any other community members why we have decided to remove your content. Unfortunately, there may be times when we cannot give detailed legal reasons for why we have decided to remove anything you publish. We will only reinstate your removed content if we have a compelling reasons to do so.
- There may come a time when you or another community member breaches this policy in a way that calls for action from our side. We have absolute discretion to take action if we deem you to have breached this policy and may take recourse against you in the form of a suspension or a ban.
- We may suspend your right to participate in any of our social media communities if you do not comply with this policy, which means that you will not be able to access it for a period of time. Some social media services do not allow the temporary suspension of community members, in which case we may ban you instead.
- We may ban you from any of our social media communities outright under extreme circumstances, which mean that you will not be able to access it for the foreseeable future.
- We may also ban or suspend any other social media accounts that we suspect you to be operating through after we have taken recourse against you through your initial account.
- If we have suspended or banned you, you may appeal to us to reinstate your access to a social media community. We will provide you with steps to take to ask to be reinstated by email if we decide to suspend or ban you so that the process is as just and equitable as possible.
Third Party Links
- Links on our social media communities may lead you to third-party websites. Third-parties other than us control these websites. We are not responsible for the content on those sites.
Ownership and Content
- All materials published on HiFi Corp website is protected by copyright and owned or controlled by HiFi Corp or the party accredited as the producer of the content, software or other material. Nothing in these terms and conditions of use shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise, any license or right under this copyright, patent, trade mark, database right or other intellectual property or proprietary interest of HiFi Corp or any third party. All logos, names and trademarks, which appear on the website are the intellectual property of HiFi Corp or are used by HiFi Corp under license. HiFi Corp will prosecute any violation of intellectual property rights to the fullest extent that the law permits. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than strictly for individual use.
- If you respond to HiFi Corp via e-mail, surveys, forums, registration, or any other communication medium with any information, including but not limited to feedback, data, questions, comments or suggestions, but excluding your personal data, the information will not be deemed confidential. HiFi Corp will not have any obligation to keep such information confidential and will be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. HiFi Corp will also be able to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the information for any purpose, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products, which incorporate or otherwise rely on the information. You consent to the aforesaid use of such information. By submitting information, you agree that HiFi Corp may publish the information, use it as part of its operations, and incorporate its concepts in HiFi Corp goods or for any other purposes, which HiFi Corp considers necessary, without liability.
- When you visit the Website of Hi Fi Corp, you consent to receiving communications from HiFi Corp electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by HiFi Corp satisfy any legal requirements, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be “in writing”.You must ensure that the goods are fit for the purpose for which you want to buy them and are in good condition and free of any form of defects before you take delivery of the goods. It is a responsibility of the customer to ensure before delivery, that the goods listed on the till slip or your purchase order correspond in description, price and quantity with the goods purchased. You agree to adhere to the user/manufacturer’s instructions and ensure that you make yourself aware of all product warnings and safety instructions prior to the installation or use of all products purchased from HiFi Corp. You are to keep proof of any repairs conducted and authorized by HiFi Corp and proof of purchase on all returned goods.
Limitation of Liability
HiFI Corp is to be exempted for any liability due to a customer failing to provide accurate information on registration, or a customer failing to view special warnings etc.Subject to applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold HiFi Corp harmless against any claim, or liability (including attorneys' fees) arising out of your use of the website.
Availability and Termination of Orders
- HiFi Corp may immediately terminate use of and access to the website if you breach the terms. This will be without prejudice to any other remedies and rights that we may have in terms of the law, including but not limited to claims for specific performance and damages. Save for certain exceptions (Software, Games, Music, and DVD) and subject to certain charges.. You are entitled to cancel any sale concluded on this Website within 7 days after date of receipt of the goods and to obtain a refund. You may also cancel a sale where delivery is delayed beyond the stipulated delivery date/timeframe (or where none is specified, beyond 30 days from the order date). For further details, please read the Refund Policy.
- Should you not collect your paid Click and Collect order within 30 days from order placement, HiFi Corp reserves the right to replace goods ordered with a similar product of the same value. Should a similar product not be available, HiFi Corp will offer an upgrade for the customers’ account. Should this not be accepted by the customer, Hifi Corp will conduct a refund.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This clause is subject to applicable law.
- You use the website at your own risk. HiFI Corp is to be exempted for any liability due to a customer failing to provide accurate information on registration, or a customer failing to view special warnings etc. HiFi Corp publishes information on its website as a convenience to its visitors for information purposes only, except where you may purchase goods or services from the website. HiFi Corp provides the website “as is” and “as available” and to the extent permissible by law disclaims warranties including but not limited to warranty of title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose and that the website are free from defects, uninterrupted and error free. While HiFi Corp attempts to provide accurate and timely information, HiFi Corp cannot guarantee this. HiFi Corp may correct and change the website if required. The HiFi Corp goods and services described on the website are available in RSA, through the HiFi Corp branch network. For detail on deliveries refer to point 21 below.
- Although HiFi Corp has made every effort to display the goods and their colors as accurately as possible, the displayed products and colors of the products will also depend upon your equipment and HiFi Corp cannot guarantee that your equipment will display an accurate representation of the actual goods or their colors. HiFi Corp will not be liable for any other website provided by any third party. All accessories shown with products for presentation purposes are not included in the price nor are such products guaranteed to be available for sale by HiFi Corp. In the event of delivery delays or out of stock situations we will notify you and we will do our very best to ensure a speedy fulfillment.
- Image Disclaimer: Where products are displayed with compatible devices, these devices will not be included as part of the sales price unless specifically identified as part of a product bundle. In all other cases images are shown to display products within a lifestyle setting and do not include part of a sales proposal including any said devices or lifestyle additions.
- No transaction concluded between HiFi Corp and a person under the age of 18 shall be binding upon HiFi Corp unless written consent thereto is received by HiFi Corp from your parent or legal guardian. HiFi Corp therefore reserves its right to request proof of identity prior to concluding any transaction with you. By your continued use of this website, you warrant that you are 18 years old or older.
Mobicred is a simple and convenient online credit facility that allows you to shop on credit at www.hificorp.co.za and repay the amount in monthly instalments.
Interest is charged at 20.75% per year. Please note the annual interest rate is subject to change
As a revolving credit facility, Mobicred repayments are calculated as 10% of the account balance plus fees. These fees will be confirmed with you by Mobicred on opening your Mobicred account and could entail the following:
- Monthly service fee of R35 (ex VAT)
- Once off account initiation fee ranging from R100-R500 (ex VAT), depending on the facility granted
- Note that the monthly payment amount displayed is indicative only and based on 12 monthly instalments excluding any Mobicred fees.
- Please refer to www.mobicred.co.za/terms-and-conditions/ for Mobicred’s terms and conditions.
By using mobicred as an online payment method, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any queries relating to your mobicred account, debit order, statement or credit limit will be directed to mobicred using email@example.com or 08600 62733
- HiFi Corp is in no way obliged to assist, direct or manage any mobicredit concerns, issues or general information requests and no such requests will be entertained
- By applying for mobicred credit, you accepted all mobicred Terms and Conditions and no claim can be made against HiFi Corp in any mobicred credit related regard
- Mobicred returns and exchanges will be dealt with in the same way as any other product return. Please refer to our Returns Terms and Conditions
- You will not be refunded in cash for any mobicred transaction. Your credit limit with mobicred will be credited and affected
- For the time limitation on the reflection of available funds, please refer to www.mobicred.co.za
- HiFi Corp cannot be held liable for the time it takes for your application to be approved and is in no way obligated to honor any promotional and or limited stock products should these be sold out after your application is approved.
- For limited stock promotions we recommend that if you are not an existing Mobicred user to please select a different payment method
Important: Please carefully read the Visa Checkout terms of service ("Terms") on www.visa.co.za before using this as a payment method. By registering and creating a VISA CHECKOUT ACCOUNT, you have acknowledged that you understand and agree to all of the terms and have clicked an "I Accept" button OR AN EQUIVALENT INDICATOR with regards to the use of Visa Checkout. Please refer to www.visa.co.za for a full set of VISA CHECKOUT terms and conditions.
By using VISA CHECKOUT as an online payment method, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any queries relating to your VISA CHECKOUT account, statement or unlawful payments will be directed to VISA CHECKOUT and not HiFi Corp
- HiFi Corp is in no way obliged to assist, direct or manage any VISA CHECKOUT concerns, issues or general information requests and no such requests will be entertained
- VISA CHECKOUT returns and exchanges will be dealt with in the same way as any other product return. Please refer to our Returns Terms and Conditions
- HiFi Corp cannot be held liable for the time it takes for your OTP that is required for 3D Secure payments, and is in no way obligated to honor any promotional and or limited stock products should these be sold out after your application is approved. For limited stock promotions we recommend that if you are not an existing VISA CHECKOUT user to please select a different payment method
Promotions and Competitions
Products and Promotions may not be available at all our outlets. All items, unless specified otherwise may be ordered online at www.hificorp.co.za
Terms and Conditions for Online Promotional Offers
These are the standard terms and conditions for promotional offers conducted or promoted by JD Consumer Electronics and Appliances t/a HiFi Corp
Your – participation in the promotional offer; and/or fulfilment of the conditions pertaining to a promotional offer; constitutes your binding acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotional offer is exclusive to HiFi Corp online purchases (www.hificorp.co.za).
- Stocks are limited
- Customers should log on the HiFi Corp website by strictly using their specific user login details. Use of other person’s login detail will disqualify your order.
- Online purchases made through several logins and using the same card will disqualify the order
- Stocks are exclusively limited to 1(one) customer per advertised product/unit. Any other online purchases, which are conducted contrary to the requirements of these terms and conditions, will be cancelled and customer will be refunded should their order be cancelled/disqualified.
- HiFi Corp reserves the right to restrict and/or decline sales to traders and dealers. The online purchase price has been reduced only for the purpose of this online promotional offer.
- Prices will return to their standard price on the expiry of this promotional offer or should the limited stock be sold-out.
- It is your responsibility, as a participant, to ensure that any information which you provide in respect of this promotional offer is accurate, complete and up to date
HiFi Corp may offer bundle deals for sale during promotional periods. Each Bundle Deal will consist of 2 (two) or more products that are packed or advertised together at one specified price.
Any saving or discount resulting from purchasing a Bundle Deal instead of its component products separately may be applied to any of the component products individually in our sole discretion. The actual purchase price (after applying and applicable saving or discount) of each component product will be communicated to you upon checkout and reflected in your order history.
A Bundle Deal should be distinguished from a pre-packed bundle compiled by our supplier and supplied to us as a single unit (“Hard Bundles“). Any saving or discount in respect of a Hard Bundle will be applied only to the total bundle price and not to the prices of the individual component products.
Sale of Special Order Online Only Products ONLINE ONLY PRODUCT
- HiFi Corp Goods, Price and Availability of Endless Aisle product offering
- The products purchased are not available stock and HiFi Corp will specifically order the purchased product.
- Should HiFi Corp be unable to fulfil any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock unavailability, you will be notified and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid for such goods.
- Should goods become sold out, we reserve the right to cancel your order and to refund your payment with the inclusion of any applicable delivery fees.
- Please note that although HiFi Corp endeavours to accurately describe and/or depict each good on the website, some descriptions or photographs may be of a generic nature and not specific to the particular goods you wish to buy. HiFi Corp has made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of the products that appear on our website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on the device that you use to access our website, we cannot warrant that your device’s display of any colour will be accurate.
- Online Only Products are products that may be purchased online only. Online Only Products must be paid for in full before your order can be made and delivered. The turnaround time for Online Only Products deliveries are 5 to 10 working days.
- Image Disclaimer: Where goods are displayed with compatible devices, these devices will not be included as part of the sales price unless specifically identified as part of a goods bundle. In all other cases images are shown to display goods within a lifestyle setting and do not include part of a sales proposal including any said devices or lifestyle additions.
- Online Only Products are delivered and cannot be collected in store.
- HiFi Corp delivers within the borders of South Africa only.
- The Delivery option only commences once the order has been verified and settled.
- An order will only be settled once payment has been received and "Verified".
- Deliveries are door to door and must be a physical address within the borders of South Africa and not a Post Box. We do not deliver to any postal addresses ie: deliver to a post box or to any post offices. Please ensure all delivery details, including the postal code, are accurate, as you will be liable for all additional handling and shipping charges as a result of such errors.
- Deliveries are done between 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays and not on Weekends or public holidays.
- All deliveries are done by FEDEX.
- Proof of identity may be requested upon delivery.
- A delay of up to 24 hours may be experienced on deliveries to or from any Outlaying Delivery Areas.
HIFI Corp Gift Cards Terms and conditions
Physical Gift Cards:
- The Gift Card carries no value unless money is loaded onto the card either in store or electronically. The Gift Card may be used to purchase from any HiFi Corp store in South Africa. Purchases will be deducted from the balance on the Gift Card until there is a zero balance, however the value of the Gift Card balance may be increased at any stage. The Gift Card balance may be checked in store or through the HiFi Corp call centre on 060 459 459. The balance as reflected on the HiFi Corp system will be considered binding. All transactions will be honoured to the maximum value of the Gift Card
- The HiFi Corp Gift Card is valid for a period of 3 (three) years from date of activation or upon full redemption thereof, whichever occurs earlier. However, where the balance of the Gift Card has been increased then it will remain valid for a period of (3) three years from the date of top-up or upon full redemption thereof, whichever occurs earlier – irrespective of the date of activation.
- HiFi Corp, it’s owners and it’s duly appointed agents will not be held liable for damage, loss, theft or copying of the original Gift Card, and it will not be held liable for any form of reimbursement or compensationof any nature whatsoever.
Electronic Gift Cards:
- An electronic Gift Card is an SMS version of the physical Gift Card and the same terms and conditions apply. In addition to the following;
- Should you not utilize the full value of your Electronic gift card on your first purchase, the balance will be transferred to a physical gift card.
- The Electronic Gift Card cannot be topped up nor be SMS’d (Transferred) to a third party.
- Should the Electronic Gift Card be deleted or the Customer’s cellphone lost/stolen, HiFi Corp will be not be liable for any reimbursement of any nature. SMS can be resent, but only to the original number.
- The usage of the Electronic Gift Card is solely at the risk and discretion of the Customer
- HiFi Corp will not be held responsible for any cellular network service operator's delay in forwarding an Electronic Gift Card to you
- The Electronic Gift Card will only be accepted if a valid Electronic gift card number in SMS format is presented to the Cashier
The Gift Card may not be:
- exchanged for cash; or
- Used for the payment of an account; or
- be exchanged for cash
- no cash change will be given on purchases made with the Gift Card.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping of your Gift Card. Keep your Gift Card in a safe place as; if stolen, it may still be used to make purchases. Lost or Stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. However, should you be in possession of the gift card number, you can call the HiFi Corp call centre Centre on 060 459 459 to report it lost or stolen, we will then block the remaining amount on the Gift Card and transfer it to another Gift Card, available when you next visit a HiFi Corp Store.
- For all our purchase terms and conditions please refer to our website at www.hificorp.co.za (http//www.hificorp.co.za) Our in store signage, Our customer service help line 060 459 459 or please ask any one of our store managers.
eBucks Terms & Conditions
- EBucks bought via the FNB Mobile App is now recognized in-store as a payment option.
- EBucks Vouchers has to be redeemed in full. As FNB does not allow part payment using these vouchers, change in the case of purchases not reaching the Voucher amount, will be given in the form of a HiFi Corp Gift Voucher.
- Please refer to www.ebucks.com/web/eBucks/legal/termsandconditions for EBucks’ terms and conditions.
- By using EBucks as a payment method, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any queries relating to your EBucks Voucher should be directed to EBucks using firstname.lastname@example.org or 087 320 3200
- HiFi Corp is in no way obliged to assist, direct or manage any EBucks concerns, issues or general information requests and no such requests will be entertained EBucks returns and exchanges will be dealt with in the same way as any other product return. Please refer to our Returns Terms and Conditions
0% Interest Campaign
This is a promotional offer (“Offer”) as defined in the Consumer Protection Act no 68 of 2008 (CPA), as amended from time to time. This Offer is subject to the participant’s acceptance of the Terms and Conditions (Ts & Cs) set out herein. For the purposes of ease of reference the “offer” will henceforth be referred to as the “competition”
The participant acknowledges that the participant has read and understands these Ts & Cs. These Ts & Cs will govern the Terms and Conditions from any HiFi Corp store (the “Company”) or any Company to whom the Company has ceded the rights and obligations.
This promotion is promoted by the Company, Connect Financial Solutions (Pty) Ltd (Reg no.: 2018/431596/07) an authorised Financial Service provider and a registered Credit Provider (NCRCP11158) trading as HiFi Corporation
- The Promotion will run from 22 October 2018 (00h00) until 31 October 2019.
- The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, to amend these Ts & Cs, at any time.
- The Promotion is not transferrable or convertible into cash nor may it be substituted in any manner except as permitted by law.
How to qualify:
The participant must have:
- Purchased any Article(s) on credit up to the value of R100 000 (One hundred thousand).
- Qualified for a 6 (six) months term loan that is subject to participant’s risk profile and affordability assessment.
- Purchased the article on credit underwritten by the Connect Financial Solutions (Pty) Ltd and no other credit provider.
- The credit agreement must be settled within the terms as stipulated on the credit agreement.
- The offer is not redeemable in conjunction with any other promotions by the Company
The article that qualifies for the promotion:
- All articles purchased that satisfied all the promotion requirements stipulated herein shall enjoy the benefit of this promotion
- The purchase price shall be the price paid for the article as per the original sales invoice on invoice date.
- The participant’s credit agreement will be approved in accordance with applicable legislation,
- In the event that the consumer fails to pay any instalment or any other amount due on due date, such overdue amounts shall bear interest at the maximum interest rate applicable to an agreement of this nature, as prescribed by the NCA thereto, at the specific time of default.
- This Offer is applicable to South Africa only and open to all South African Residents above the age of 18, who are in possession of a valid identity document or passport. Employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Company in respect of this Offer or the spouses, life partners or immediate family members cannot participate in the Promotion.
- If the Company has not strictly enforced these Ts & Cs, the participant may not assume Ts & Cs been waived or altered by the Company. These Ts & Cs will still apply and the Company has right to enforce any of these Ts & Cs. Errors and omission may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion